I find that I’m moving more and more functions over to the iPad. Today I bought Tap Forms to move my Opus database over to iOS. Very good app I must say. The only thing I’m missing is some graphical customisations. Like headers and backgrounds etc.
My music and way of working has changed so much this past year so I find that I have to rethink my database completely. It has become more important to track compositions than recordings. I have sketched a new layout and design but will probably add to it later. Since my computer is still on repair I don’t have access to my latest entries yet.
To me it’s important to keep track of what I write so I can see what I have actually done when I feel too idle. This has reaaly been my busiest year ever. I have released one full length album and two eps. I have written a two finished symphonic suites in four movements and a bunch of pieces that are not tied to anything yet. Next year will not be any less busy!
Since my computer is still very sick with the 2011 Macbook Pro bug, I have turned to Notion instead of Sibelius. Started working on a short piece that I’m currently writting dynamics and correcting notes on. Not as easy and powerful as working in Sibelius but it will do. I will not be able to use the wonderful NotePerformer though. I have experimented with doing the whole production in iOS and I think it will kind of work. If my MBP GPU don’t decide to act up on me I can even give it a shot in Logic Pro X. If I finish all the ground work in Notion it might work.
Now I have installed NotePerformer in Sibelius. It really sounds fantastic. I run into some problems when exporting an audio file for use on Soundcloud. I have exported it in 32 bit and converted it to an acc file. That didn’t sit so good with Soundcloud and the sound ended up being not very optimal quality.
So I exported it again from Sibelius, in 16 bit this time. I also exported it dry and addded the reverb in Logic Pro X, using Space designer with two different reverbs. That sounded much better!
What I exported was the finished first movement of my new symphonic work Raised by the Spirit. This is a teaser. I have three more movements in the works, but you’ll have to wait untill they all are finished to hear them.
You can here the first movement here